I always love to try different and easy cheese recipes. Here I am sharing the recipe of Caramelized Onion Tart with Gorgonzola and Brie cheese. I found the recipe really interesting and I hope you will also like it.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Sliced onions – 4 cups (slice root to top into quarter inch slices)
- Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Frozen puff pastry – 8 oz
- Brie cheese – 2 oz (remove rind and dice)
- Gorgonzola or any other blue cheese – 2 oz (diced)
- Fresh Tarragon* – 2 tablespoons
*Tarragon is a summer herb and if you are not able to find it, you can use a few crushed fennel seeds to sprinkle over the tart.
- In a large deep pan, heat oil in a medium flame. When the oil is hot, add onions and cook for 10 minutes or until the onions become golden brown. Then add vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt to it. Lower the flame and cook gently for twenty minutes. You may add water as needed, if the onions start to dry out. Allow it to cool after cooking.
- Now you need to roll the pastry into ten to fourteen inch rectangle and place it on a baking sheet that lined with parchment paper. While baking, prick the pastry with a fork to prevent formation of bubbles while baking.
- After baking, spread the onions over pastry and then dot with cheese. Next thing is to sprinkle the pastry with tarragon. You can then bake the pastry or refrigerate it, if you do not plan to bake it immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake the pastry in it. Allow it to bake for eighteen to twenty minutes or until the cheese melts down. When ready, the pastry will be crispy. Allow it to cool for five minutes. You can cut the pastry into any desired shape and enjoy it.