Many incredibly delicious cheese curd recipes can be prepared by combining wine and cheese. Wine and Cheese Strata is one such recipe, and it is an excellent choice for breakfast or brunch. Below is the list of ingredients and the method of preparation to make this amazing cheese curd recipe at home.
- Dry French bread – ½ loaf
- Butter – 3 tablespoons (melted)
- Swiss cheese – 8 ounces (shredded)
- Monterey Jack cheese – 4 ounces (shredded)
- Ham slice – 1 piece (coarsely chopped)
- Milk – 1¾ cups
- Eggs – 9
- Green onions – 4 (minced)
- Sherry – ¼ cup
- Dijon mustard – 1½ tablespoons
- Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Sour cream – ¾ cup
- Parmesan cheese – ½ cup (grated)
Method of Preparation
- Find a 9×13-inch baking dish and grease it with butter. Now get the bread pieces and then arrange them in the baking dish. Use more melted butter to coat the bread pieces. After that, top it with ham, Monterey Jack cheese, and Swiss cheese. Keep the mixture apart for later use.
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs, milk, sherry, green onions, black pepper, mustard, and cayenne pepper in it. Continue whisking the mixture until it becomes foamy. Then, add the bread mixture into it.
- Use an aluminum foil to cover the mixture tightly. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you start baking. Preheat the oven up to 325 degrees F and bake the strata mixture for one hour.
- When done, remove the aluminum foil covering from the mixture and top it with Parmesan cheese and sour cream.
- Leave the mixture uncovered and continue to bake it until the knife inserted inside the strata comes out clean. The baking would take 10 minutes approx. After that, take out the dish from oven, and serve hot.